French Mortgage Rates August 2021
|Years Term||Interest Rate||LTV||Fixed / Variable||Type||Minimum Mortgage €||Notes|
|15||2.20%||75%||Fixed||Repayment||150,000||Refinance existing mortgage|
|7||2.30%||75%||Fixed||Interest only||300,000||Rate fixed for the term|
|8||2.05%||85%||Fixed||Repayment||150,000||96 identical payments|
|10||2.05%||75%||Fixed||Repayment||150,000||Subject to valuation|
|14||2.30%||75%||Fixed||Interest Only||300,000||Subject to wealth test|
|15||2.05%||75%||Fixed||Repayment||150,000||Minimum age 60|
|20||2.20%||85%||Fixed||Repayment||600,000||Rate fixed for the term|
|20||2.30%||75%||Fixed||Interest only||150,000||Mixed Mortgage|
|25||2.30%||85%||Fixed||Repayment||150,000||Subject to valuation|
These are representative examples of current French mortgage rates from our extensive panel French lenders. However, there are too many alternative products available in the French market to list here.
Because of our long term relationship with French banks, we can often achieve better terms than these standard published rates. For your individual no obligation personalised mortgage illustration accessing the best terms we can obtain in the market please complete our online Request Quote form.
How French Mortgage Rates Are Determined In France
There are 5 key determinants of French mortgage rates:
- LTV (Loan to Value) you are requesting. The higher the LTV, the higher the mortgage interest rate will be.
- Term of the mortgage. The shorter the mortgage the lower the interest rate will be.
- Interest Rate Risk inherent in the product. Variable rate products are a lower risk to the bank than fixed rate products and so are normally cheaper.
- Repayment Profile. Repayment products are lower risk to the lender and so are always cheaper.
- Your Financial Profile. Depending on the strength of your financial position not all products may be available to you.
You should also consider the ancillary costs of a French mortgage including arrangement fees, early redemption penalties, life insurance costs, etc. We always go deeper than just the lender’s published term to get you the optimum solution for now and the long term.
If you would like to check out some scenarios feel free to use our French Mortgage Calculator to help you work out what your repayments might be.