Terms and Conditions : This page sets out the terms and conditions.
Our terms and conditions apply to products and services we provide directly to you and to products and services we provide through our partners at your request.
In the case of services we provide through our partners you will also need to read the terms and conditions statement attaching to the provision of services by our partner.
Who we are
We are Best French Mortgage Ltd, an English registered Euro mortgage brokerage whose registered office is 227A West Street, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 0HZ, UK.
What we do
We act as intermediary between international buyers of French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Belgian and Turkish property and a range of European Retail banks and International Private banks.
We provide a range of Euro mortgage options from which you can select the option that is best suited to you financial needs.
- We will receive a commission from the European banks as payment for preparing and submitting your successful application.
- European banks pay commission in the range 0.75% to 1.5% and normally there is a cap on the maximum commission payable to us.
- We may ask you to pay a small administrative fee which will be proportional to the amount of work involved in processing your French or Spanish mortgage application. Our fee will be clearly detailed in the mortgage quote we send you and will be justified by the service we provide to you. This fee will be an administrative fee and not calculated in relation to the amount of your mortgage application.
- We may ask you to pay a small success fee which will be proportional to the amount of work involved in processing your French or Spanish mortgage application. Our fee will be clearly detailed in the mortgage quote we send you and will be justified by the service we provide to you. This fee will be calculated in relation to the amount of your successful mortgage application.
- We will never be influenced by the level of commission offered to us by the European banks in our selection of European bank mortgage offers to submit to you.
- We will always use our best efforts to secure the Euro mortgage offer that is most closely aligned with your financial needs.
- We will not necessarily suggest the Euro mortgage product with the lowest headline rate if we believe that the headline rate is a short-term incentive offered by a European bank to secure your business and which will not be the most effective long-term option for you.
We can refer you to our partners who will provide you with competitive quotes for:
- Foreign Exchange (FX) services
- Property Insurance services
- Mortgage Insurance services (often mortgage life insurance is required by the lending bank as a condition for the granting of a Euro mortgage)
- Other professional services as appropriate
If you request that we refer you to one of our partners you explicitly acknowledge that you give us such permission to pass your data to the partner(s) as is necessary to make the referral(s) you have requested.